Money 20/20 Europe, 21-23 September 2021, was the largest global fintech event in over two years, held at the Amsterdam RAI, in the Netherlands. This event, organised by Ascential, predates Money 20/20 USA, which is to be held in Las Vegas, November 2021, and expected to see twice as many fintech companies present.
Money 20/20 Europe has reported that the event attracted 4,000 attendees, from 1,500 companies and 76 countries.
Tracey Davies, president of Money 20/20, said: “With over 7,000 meetings held between attendees, Money20/20 Europe has proved once again to be the place where new partnerships are forged and fintech business deals are made. We now head to Las Vegas for Money20/20 USA, knowing that we can safely and successfully run a large-scale in-person business event.”
Across five stages, 250 speakers, engaged in three days of conversations aimed at shaping the future of fintech. The headline speakers for the Amsterdam event included some big names:
- Ana Botin, executive chairman of Santander Group
- Julia Hoggett, CEO of the London Stock Exchange
- Annerie Vreugdenhil, CIO of ING
- Daniel Marovitz, senior vice-president of FinTech at Booking.com
- Olugbenga GB Agboola, founder and CEO of Flutterwave
- Shane Happach, CEO of Mollie Payments
- Shola Akinlade, co-founder and CEO of Paystack
- Kristo Käärmann, co-founder and CEO of Wise
- Martina Weimert, CEO of EPI Interim Company SE
- Paolo Bertoluzzo, CEO of Nexi
Announcements at the event saw TrueLayer’s US$130m funding raise that values the London-based start-up at over $1bn and the Italian payments company Nexi announcing that it was in talks with the European Central Bank about the design of the Digital Euro.