On 5 May, Las Vegas was lit up in red on as resorts, landmarks and attractions honoured hospitality workers during National Travel & Tourism Week (NTTW).
The annual celebration is a national initiative of the US Travel Association, and aims to recognise the contributions of the US travel industry.
The venues and establishments that participated in the Red Takeover were:
- Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign
- Fremont Street Experience
- Paris Las Vegas
- Elara by Hilton Grand Vacations
- SAHARA Las Vegas
- The STRAT Hotel, Casino & Skypod
- TI Treasure Island Las Vegas
- The Venetian and The Palazzo
- Fashion Show Las Vegas
- High Roller Observation Wheel at The LINQ
- Keep Memory Alive Event Center
- The Neon Museum
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- The Mob Museum
- McCarran International Airport
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) addition supported NTTW through a partnering with various resorts to create a video featuring hospitality workers. The video showcases the venues as they look forward to reopening their properties and welcoming guests in the future. Watch the video here.