Predict, the Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR)’s Annual Exhibition Industry Outlook Conference, brought together more than 100 industry executives at the MGM National Habour in Oxon Hill, Maryland, US, 13-14 September.
The event examined the impact that Covid-19 has had on the industry to date, in addition to exploring forecast data that can be applied to strategic planning over the next three years.
This year’s Predict targeted the radically changed business environment surrounding B2B exhibitions as it relates to current economic, geo-political and social issues. Information dense presentations, along with the preview of the (2021 CEIR Index Report an Analysis of the 2020 Exhibition Industry and Future Outlook) provided attendees with data to help them lead their organisations using future-focused programming.
Cathy Breden, CEO of CMP, CAE, CEM, said: “The big question on everyone’s mind is how to successfully plan for the immediate future, especially during these uncertain times. CEIR has collected, examined and applied a robust amount of data exactly for that purpose. It is important to merge our findings with the more expansive US economic data so that industry executives can have the absolute best information to work with. This all came together at Predict with powerful presentations that delivered the highly sought-after information industry leaders need and want right now.”
Predict 2021 included presentations and panel discussions from leaders within and outside of the exhibitions industry, including:
- Melissa Ashley, advisor for Airfair
- Dr Patricia Buckley, managing director of economics at Deloitte LP
- Nancy Drapeau, vice president of research at CEIR
- Erin Dunstan, managing vice president of sales at Maritz Global Events
- Brian Fanzo, digital futurist
- Joey Graziano, senior vice president of business operations and strategy at global events department at the National Basketball Association (NBA)
- Nicole Hallada, senior vice president of exhibitions and marketing, at the Association of Equipment Manufacturers
- Desiree Hanson, executive vice president, and fashion, tech, energy and AXN at Clarion Events
- Dr Jennifer Hesterman, vice president of education services at Watermark Risk Management International
- Dr. Chris Kuehl, managing director of Armada Corporate Intelligence
- Danushka Nanayakkara-Skillington, assistant vice president of forecasting and analysis of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- John Paxton, CEO of Material Handling Industry Association (MHI)
- Vincent T. Polito, managing director of mdg, A Freeman Company
- Dr. Sam Potolicchio, president of Preparing Global Leaders Forum
- David Saef, CTSM gold senior vice-president of strategy of advisory services at mdg, A Freeman Company
- Leana Salamah, vice president of marketing at International Housewares Association
- Dr. Allen Shaw, founder, president and chief economist at Global Economic Consulting Associates, Inc.
- Anzio Williams, senior vice-president of diversity, equity and inclusion at NBCUniversal Local