The Meeting Professionals International (MPI) Foundation has announced Stephen Revetria will chair its 2015-2016 global board of trustees.
Revetria became a member of the MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees in July 2007 and serves as senior vice-president of Giants Enterprises, where he is responsible for setting the strategy and vision in developing business opportunities beyond the major league franchise.
Revetria’s term will run from 1 July 2015 to 31 December 2016.
“It has been an honour to serve as a trustee for the MPI Foundation over the past several years. The Foundation is focused on strengthening our industry through education support by providing grants and scholarships as well as pan-industry research, and I look forward to working with my fellow trustee members over the next 18 months to further the foundation’s efforts,” Revetria said.
IMEX Group chairman Ray Bloom joins Carole HelmsBriscoe Norther Europe managing director McKellar and Anthony Hyde on the new European Council Members list for 2015-2016.
MPI membership is comprised of about 18,500 members belonging to more than 80 chapters and clubs in 22 countries.
Members of the 2015-2016 MPI Foundation European Council:
- Chair: Carole McKellar, MD Northern Europe, HelmsBriscoe
- Richard RheindorfJulie A. Krueger, global sales lead, Freeman Company
- Ray Bloom, chairman, IMEX Group
- Anthony Hyde, president, Hyde Consultants
- Alda Egurrola-Wienke, strategic account executive, Cvent
- Franck Barbaras, GM Hesperia Tower Hotel & Convention Center
Members of the 2015-2016 MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees Executive Committee:
- Chairman: Stephen Revetria, senior vice-president, Giants Enterprises
- Chair-elect: Jim Russell, executive vice-president sales, Freeman Company
- Immediate past chairman: Gus Vonderheide, vice-president of Global Sales-Americas, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Vice-chair of development: Jordan Clark, vice-president of sales, Caesars Entertainment
- Vice-chair of finance: Gregg Hopkins, vice-president of marketing, Newmarket International, Inc.
- Vice-chair of programmes: Leslie Menichini, vice-president of Sales and Marketing, Rosen Hotels & Resorts/Convention Hotels