The results of the elections for the leadership of global association of the exhibition industry, UFI’s Regional Chapters have been confirmed, with a record number of candidates standing.
The future Regional Chapter Chairs are:
- For Asia-Pacific: David Zhong (VNU Exhibitions Asia, China)
- For Europe: Andreas Gruchow (Deutsche Messe AG, Germany)
- For Latin America: José Navarro Meneses (Tarsus Mexico)
- For Middle East/Africa: Albert Aoun (pictured) (IFP, Lebanon)
Three Vice-Chairs were also elected for each Chapter. These are:
- For Asia-Pacific: Rita Chu (1st Vice-Chair, Adsale Exhibition Services, HK), Panittha Buri (BITEC, Thailand), Emilia Shih (TAITRA, Taiwan)
- For Europe: David Boon (1st Vice-Chair, Brussels Expo, Belgium), Albert Arp (Royal Dutch Jaarbeurs, Netherlands), Antonio Bruzzone (BolognaFiere, Italy)
- For Latin America: Raul Strauss Justiniano (1st Vice-Chair, Fexpocruz, Bolivia), Fernando Gorbarán (Messe Frankfurt Argentina), Joāo De Nagy(World Trade Center Sāo Paulo, Brazil)
- For Middle East/Africa: Said Salim Al Shanfari (1st Vice-Chair, Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre), Craig Newman (Johannesburg Expo Centre, South Africa), Mohammed Al Hussaini (Riyadh Exhibitions Co, Saudi Arabia)
The successful candidates begin their three-year mandate in November. Until then, the current chapter leaders will remain in office and see out their respective terms.
UFI’s Chapter Chairs work to deliver events, education, research, and advocacy for the members in their respective region and they represent the respective chapters on both the UFI Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
UFI has also launched the call for candidates for the UFI Board elections. More information, contact email@example.com.